Organized in 1963, Wycliffe Presbyterian Church originally met in John B. Dey School, under the leadership of Pastor Rev. J. Stanton Blain. Moving in 1966 to our current location, 8.3 acres on Great Neck Road, the congregation of 79 charter members built the A-Frame building across the pond, and later an educational building in 1973.
Wycliffe, named for the English Bible translator scholar John Wycliffe (1330-1384), continued to grow in membership and mission under the leadership of its second minister, The Rev. Dr. Robert W. Lawrence. On Christmas Eve 1983 we moved into our new sanctuary. Our Fellowship Hall wing was added in 1988. Our membership, diverse in background, professions, and age remained strong under the leadership of Dr. William M. Shelton, called here in March 1991. Mike was called to another church in June of 1998 and we began another search. Dr. James R. Alexander served as Pastor until May 2003. Dr. James Young was called as the pastor and began his ministry at Wycliffe Presbyterian Church in November 2004.
Our congregation is currently led by Pastor Garrett Bugg. Pastor Bugg and his wife, Ali, joined our community in April 2013. Their daughter, Emilia, joined our community in November 2013.